The Virginia Society for Nursing Service Administrators was incorporated on October 31, 1983. Today, the Virginia Organization of Nurse Executives, an affiliated local group of the American Organization of Nurse Executives, provides leadership, professional development, advocacy and research in order to advance nursing practice and patient care, promote nursing leadership excellence and shape health care public policy.
VONE STRATEGIC PLAN
GOAL I – Engaged Membership
- Survey members and non-members regarding expectations through needs assessment
- Offer and deliver compelling resources and services based on needs assessment
- Market aggressively/branding campaign to include what we have already accomplished
- Identify members’ talents/contributions and leverage each
- Provide a clear communication process to meet member needs
GOAL II - Be recognized as the voice of Nursing Leadership
- Develop “getting to know all about us” campaign with legislature, community leaders, healthcare leaders (the claiming statement?)
- Develop VONE position statements and publish/disseminate widely/frequently
- Bring forward AONE initiatives that demonstrate voice of nursing leadership
- Secure VONE voice at other associations where decisions are made
GOAL III - Legislative Advocacy and Policy
- Establish ongoing consistent presence in legislative offices within our districts/know the legislators
- Continue LCVN participation
- Communicate position statements to legislators
- Develop focused legislative agenda
Purpose and Objectives
The purpose of VONE shall be to advance the development of effective administration and management of nursing practice in health care institutions and agencies in Virginia by:
- Providing a medium for the interchange of ideas and dissemination of information and materials relative to nurse executives/managers.
- Providing a platform within the health care field from which nurse executives/managers may speak on nursing and health care issues.
- Identifying and defining health care issues that affect nursing and establishing position statements on these issues.
- Promoting educational programs and activities to strengthen nursing executive/manager practice.
- Providing consultation for nursing education programs.
- Influencing legislative and public policy pertaining to nursing and health care issues.